Friday, 2 May 2014

Postpartum Hair Loss

Ugh. I wish more people talked about postpartum hair loss, I had no idea what I was in for! In the interest of keeping it real for mothers-to-be...
I brushed my hair before my shower. Washed a ton of hair down the drain and I still got this after I ran my hand through my hair before styling it this morning. I feel like I'm going bald and honestly lose a handful of hair every. single. day.

While you're pregnant the normal cycle of hair growth and fallout changes. You continue to grow hair but less falls out so you get lovely thick, glossy, preggo hair. As your hormones regulate postpartum, the hair you would normally lose goes back to falling out. 

So there you go moms-to-be and ladies who are planning to have kids, cut your hair short or start buying draino in bulk ;)


No comments: