Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Six Week Essentials



Six weeks has flown by! Isla will be seven weeks on Friday and is getting closer and closer to that dreaded two month well baby appointment. Fellow moms will know the one...baby's first immunizations. Fingers crossed it goes okay!

Today I wanted to share some of the things that have been essential to me these past weeks...
Six Week Essentials
Brest Friend Nursing Pillow - The number 1 essential on my list? This nursing pillow!! I don't know what I would do without it. Buy it, buy it, buy it!!!
Nuk Pacifiers - Isla will take most pacifiers, but these are my favorite and I think they're her favorite too.
Ergo Baby Carrier and Infant Insert - We couldn't use this the first couple of weeks because even with the infant insert baby needs to weigh seven pounds and our little peanut was too small. We anxiously, anxiously awaited when we could use it and I love it. I took Isla to the doctor in it (her carseat is pretty heavy and hard for me to manage on my own with putting it in the stroller) and she always calms down in it. Nine times out of ten she falls asleep in it too.
SwaddleMe Wraps - Swaddling made easy. I wrap Isla in one of these every night and it takes less than 15 seconds to get her in a nice tight swaddle. So much easier than trying to swaddle with a receiving blanket.
Rock N Play Sleeper - My little lady spits up when laid flat in her bassinet. This keeps her at an angle and cuts that out. It's cozy, vibrates AND rocks - she sleeps great in it.
Gilligan and O'Malley Nursing Tanks - Super comfy, I wear these every night and many times during the day too :-O
Lansinoh Ultra Soft Nursing Pads - I tried the Nuk ones and sorry to say, they were terrible. These are really soft, very absorbent and they stay in place.
Skip Hop Diaper Bag - This bag helps me look put together out in public. Sure it's full of diapers and wipes, but you wouldn't guess that from the outside. It has tons of pockets for easy organization, I love it.
iPad - Entertainment and lifeline to the outside world.
Sprout - Baby App - This app is great! You can track feeds so you know which side you started nursing with last, how much you pumped, how many wet/dirty diapers baby has done, track patterns and so, so much more.
Coffee!! - No explanation needed.
Make Up For Ever Concealer - This concealer is waterproof and offers great coverage. I am super pale and they actually make a shade light enough for me.
Chocolate - See 'coffee'
Hand Sanitizer - You will become a germ-a-phobe when you have a baby and with good reason. Flu and norovirus are no fun.
Netflix/TV - Marathon nursing sessions require entertainment
Yoga Pants - Slightly more presentable than pajamas or sweats. They make you feel "dressed" even if you're not and they are fairly forgiving while you work off the baby weight.

No comments: