Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Weekly Pregnancy Update
How far along: 37 weeks (technically, full term!!)
How big is baby: The Bump says winter melon, Babycenter says as long as a bunch of swiss chard and What to Expect says watermelon (18.9-22in inches long and 6.2-6.5 pounds)
Total weight gain: Close to 26 pounds I think...
Maternity clothes: Wouldn't be able to get by without them!
Sleep: Since my back has been feeling a bit better the past few days, my sleep has improved slightly. Would love to have less hip pain too, but I'll take what I can get!
Best moment of the week: Today! Hitting 37 weeks is huge milestone and I can't believe our little girl could in theory be born any time now. Although we would love for her to stay nice and cozy until at least 39 weeks when she would truly be full term, if she was born anytime from now on she would not be considered premature.
Food cravings: Fresh fruit.
Food aversions: Nothing, which is probably not a good thing.
Symptoms:*Knock on wood* my back pain has been completely or almost gone for the past few days. I have been keeping my fingers crossed and hoping so dearly that it doesn't return!! I have been able to walk and function which has been amazing. My fingers and ankles have been swelling though. I had to leave my wedding ring at home today and that was hard but hoping I might still be able to get it on again and that I'm just having a bloated few days.
Movement: Oh yes, our baby girl had a dance party in my belly all evening yesterday. She settled down a bit when we went to bed but before that it felt like she was trying to escape 'Alien' style haha.
Gender: Beautiful baby girl
What I’m looking forward to: I always look forward to my appointments since I get to hear Isla's heartbeat and get a little status update, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
What I miss: Energy and not feeling quite so big.
Next appt: January 8, 2014

No comments: