Friday, 27 December 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update
How far along: 35 weeks + 3 days
How big is baby: The Bump says coconut, Babycenter says honeydew melon and What to Expect says large cantaloupe (17.2-22in inches long and 4.2-6 pounds)
Total weight gain: A lot. Haha. About 23 lbs
Maternity clothes: Yep, yep, yep!! My belly is huge now.
Sleep: I've been sleeping a little better the last few nights, last night excluded. Haven't been getting up as much to use the bathroom which is great. We also got a soft, beautiful new duvet and sheet set for Christmas which makes the bed feel like a big fluffy cloud - heaven!
Best moment of the week: A wonderful family Christmas.
Food cravings: Junk! All the holiday treats...chocolate, cookies, cinnamon rolls, chocolate, candy, cheese popcorn, chocolate, haha.
Food aversions: Nothing...unfortunately! 
Symptoms: Bad back pain for about a week which has not been fun. Swelling when I don't drink enough water/put my feet up enough and difficulty bending and picking things up. Plus the usual suspects.
Movement: Still moving, moving but I'm anxious to know how she is positioned. I can't tell at all.
Gender: Girly girl
What I’m looking forward to: Finishing up our shopping for nursery and baby. Going this weekend to pick up everything else we need.
What I miss: Being able to pick things up off the floor and my back not hurting.
Next appt: December 30, 2013

I'm excited to welcome our little girl next month, but reality is starting to sink in as well. This week I kept having moments of panic that we are going to have our baby here in mere weeks and I feel super unprepared. I know that it's just nerves and first time mom worries though. We've done the classes, the nursery is almost complete, we've got books, dvd's, internet (yay youtube tutorials!) and most important of all, her grandparents who've done this before and are so excited to help. You can never be 100% prepared and a lot of it we will learn as we go, I keep reminding myself of that. I feel pretty prepared for the birth itself at least! I know it'll all probably go out the window once I'm actually in labor though ;)

We celebrated our last Christmas as a couple and will soon be celebrating the new year for the last time as just a couple. We'll be toasting (with something nonalcoholic naturally) a year of big changes and getting ready to enter a wonderful 2014 which will see us celebrate the birth of our first child and five years of marriage - I can't wait!

No comments: