Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update
How far along: 34 weeks
How big is baby: The Bump says butternut squash, Babycenter and What to Expect say cantaloupe (17.2-22in inches long and 4.2-5.5 pounds)
Total weight gain: About 20lbs (will get an official weight tomorrow)
Maternity clothes: Getting a bit bored with my maternity wardrobe! Pretty much limited to only the maternity clothes I've got and a few regular tops. I want to shop but there's not much point with only 6+/- weeks left.
Sleep: Having good (ish) nights and bad nights. Sometimes I manage a good night (for me) and can sleep solidly in 2-3 hour chunks. Other nights, like Sunday, I can't sleep at all and/or wake up constantly from a combination of needing to pee and terrible hip pain. Needless to say, I was not so happy Monday morning.
Best moment of the week: Finishing baby class and feeling more confident and prepared.
Food cravings: Chocolate chip cookies and soda, but I've resisted!
Food aversions: Nothing at the moment.
Symptoms: Belly is big!! My belly button hasn't popped out and I feel like it probably won't, which is fine with me. Still a lot of hip pain at night, waddling more and all the usual symptoms. Still noticing more water retention but I'm trying to get up and move more at work and my rings still fit (barely) so I'm hoping it just doesn't get any worse at least until the last week or two.
Movement: Lots and all over in my belly. I have no idea what direction this little lady is in or if I'm being kicked or punched.
Gender: Lovely little lady
What I’m looking forward to: Our appointment tomorrow! Can't wait to hear her heartbeat again and get everything checked out.
What I miss: Sleep!
Next appt: December 18, 2013 (tomorrow!)

--

We finished our baby classes on Saturday, woo-hoo! One thing I found amusing was when the instructor felt the need to tell the class that when she was talking about baby sleeping through the night, she meant 5 continuous hours. There were many shocked and exasperated faces that it was only 5 hours straight but that sounded wonderful to me! My quality and duration of sleep has been so poor lately, being able to sleep for 5 straight hours sounds AMAZING! I've been trying to stay positive about my poor sleep by thinking of it as training my body for the newborn weeks.

Back to baby class though, I'm feeling pretty positive and confident (as much as I can be!) about my plans for labor. Neil and I are on the same page and he knows how I would like to do things. We haven't started packing any bags for the hospital yet or anything like that, but I feel like we are pretty well prepared now. We have a plan (although I still need to write it out), we know our options, we know what issues we might run into and are prepared to do whatever we need to do to have a healthy baby (and mom) so I feel like we are in a good place as we get closer and closer to the big day!

No comments: