Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update
How far along: 32 weeks
How big is baby: The Bump says Squash, Babycenter says Jicama and What to Expect says Honeydew melon (16.7-19in inches long and 3.75-4.5 pounds)
Total weight gain: About +15
Maternity clothes: Pretty much only maternity clothes. I've reached the stage where I look like I am smuggling a basketball under all my clothes.
Sleep: I haven't been sleeping well, too much hip pain and needing to pee. I wake up almost every hour (if not every hour) with the hip I have been sleeping on aching terribly. Once I wake up from that I pretty much always feel like I have to pee so I get up and then switch to the other hip until inevitably that one starts to ache and then the cycle repeats itself. All. Night. Long. I just keep reminding myself, only 8-ish more weeks!
Best moment of the week: Nothing too exciting this week, lots of movement from little girl and the chair for the nursery has been assembled by my wonderful hubby!
Food cravings: Love me some bagels!
Food aversions: Super spicy food
Symptoms: Lots of hip pain, some swelling in my ankles and hands. No energy.
Movement: Quite a bit of movement, but I think she's running out of space! I feel her wiggling around and shifting but it's a bit more muffled (fewer big ka-pow style karate kicks, more squirming) but according to the books that's to be expected at this stage.
Gender: Little Miss
What I’m looking forward to: A busy (but fun) weekend! Birth class on Saturday and baby shower on Sunday!
What I miss: Sleep! I look forward to pain free slumber (at some point) in the future :)
Next appt: December 18, 2013

--

Two months/eight weeks/56 days to go! I can't believe I am eight months pregnant now. It still blows me away that there is a real living, breathing baby with hair and fingernails that is half me and half Neil, growing inside me. And what more, she will be HERE, on the outside, in just weeks. Our lives will change forever and we'll officially be a family for the rest of them. It's exciting and terrifying and overwhelming all at once. Sometimes it feels so natural to be pregnant and have a little wiggling person inside me and other times it feels like a dream. I'm trying to write Isla a few letters with my thoughts and emotions as the day we get to meet her draws nearer. I hope that some day when she's older she will enjoy reading them.

No comments: