Monday, 9 December 2013

Baby Shower(s)!

Isla and I were showered with a ton of love this past weekend!

On Friday, my colleagues and our student employees surprised me with an adorable little baby shower. It was completely unexpected and so sweet! They transformed the conference room with perfect pink handmade decorations and had plenty of my greatest craving (bagels!) on hand as well as yummy cupcakes, which I can never say no to! Isla got her first tiny pink UP tee shirt and the first book to start her library.


On Sunday the love continued with a shower hosted by Monica and Amy, held at my parents' house. Gorgeous handmade decorations, delicious snacks and sweets and lots of love greeted us. We munched on steak bites, meatballs, tea sandwiches (cucumber/cream cheese and egg salad), cheesy artichoke dip, fruit salad and greek herb salad. Those who could partake sipped on mimosas and wine, while the rest of us enjoyed sparkling juices and cider. There was so much warmth and joy! We played a fun celebrity baby name game, which Mom and I tied on as the winners! Think we need to stop reading so much US Weekly... After we opened our gifts, which were all incredibly thoughtful and adorable, we had some fantastic desserts. Monica made the most delicious cupcakes, Spiced Apple Pie and Mexican Hot Chocolate. They also had a beautiful cake and cookies.

Everything was perfect and I loved every minute! I am so grateful for the kindness and love of my amazing, friends, family and colleagues. Isla and I are so lucky to have such supportive and wonderful people in our lives!

No comments: