Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update
How far along: 31 weeks
How big is baby: The Bump says Pineapple , Babycenter says Coconut and What to Expect says Head of Lettuce (16-19in inches long and 2.9-3.9 pounds)
Total weight gain: Didn't weigh this week but +14 lbs officially from the doctor last week.
Maternity clothes: Ordered a pair of maternity tights and a two-pack of nursing tops on super sale from H&M. I was tempted to buy more but I'm going to try and make do with what I have until the end now. Only 63-ish days to go!!
Sleep: I've noticed my energy (and motivation) are starting to seriously lack. I'm getting more and more tired, which isn't helped by not sleeping all that well, but I try to supplement with naps on the weekend.
Best moment of the week: Finally got a chair for the nursery ordered!
Food cravings: Bagels and cream cheese still. We had to go out and get a half dozen just for me from Einstein Bros this past weekend and I polished off the last one this morning :-O Now I'm looking forward to my Thanksgiving dinner, more so this year than any year I can remember!
Food aversions: Can't think of anything in particular at the moment.
Symptoms: The same ones I've been having plus a bit of swelling in my (can)ankles. My feet and ankles start out nice and normal but the past few days/week I have noticed they are starting to swell by the end of the day which is not terribly attractive. I'm trying to walk around more during the day and hopefully that will help.
Movement: As I type!
Gender: Wee lass ;)
What I’m looking forward to: My baby shower! Next weekend (not this upcoming, but the weekend after) we have our birth class on Saturday and then my baby shower on Sunday - busy, busy! I'm pretty much in the dark when it comes to what's going to happen at the shower so I'm really excited!
What I miss: My energy and motivation! I have zero motivation to do most things, cooking, shopping (other than online), getting dressed up. Just feeling big and tired lately.
Next appt: December 18, 2013


This Thanksgiving I am so very thankful for my wonderful husband and the beautiful little baby of ours growing in my belly. We are very, very lucky to have our own home, two safe cars, good jobs, food on the table, our families and our health. We have so much to be thankful for and I can't wait to enjoy the holiday celebrating all that we are grateful for. Thanksgiving next year we will have transitioned from a couple to a family and while we most certainly have changes (and challenges) ahead of us, I can't wait to see what the future holds.

No comments: