Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update
How far along: 27 weeks + 1 day
How big is baby: The Bump says rutabaga, Babycenter and What to Expect say head of cauliflower (anywhere from about 13.6-16in inches long and 1.5-2.5 pounds)
Total weight gain: +12lbs according to my official weigh-in last week.
Maternity clothes: No new clothes but I have been window shopping online.
Sleep: Struggling a little bit lately because my hips start to hurt if I lay on one side for too long. When I roll over though my pelvis aches so it's been a little uncomfortable.
Best moment of the week: Well technically this happened in between last week and this week, but my gestational diabetes test came back clear! Phew! Isla's heartbeat sounded great, my blood pressure, pulse and weight gain are all right where they should be. Aside from a few aches and pains, everything is going great at the moment (knock on wood) so while it's not really a moment, that's the best thing about right now.
Food cravings: It varies day by day, still predominantly carbs and fruit.
Food aversions: Still just really spicy food that I struggle with at the moment.
Symptoms: Started getting aches in my pelvis. My back has been getting achy for months but now I'm struggling with my pelvis too. According to my bff (google) it's due to an increase in the hormone relaxin which loosens everything up down there to make labor/delivery easier. Some people produce a little too much and it can cause achy joints. It's also what makes us preggos do the ever attractive waddle.
Movement: Lots! Pretty much anytime I'm sitting or laying quietly I can feel little girl moving around. Sometimes they feel like big intentional movements, other times it is just wiggles. I can sometimes feel her move when I am standing or moving around too, but it's not nearly as noticeable.
Gender: It's a girl!
What I’m looking forward to: Meeting our little girl! I can't believe it's only 90 days until our due date and she could be here even sooner than that! The third trimester officially starts next Tuesday...eeee!
What I miss: Soda :( I know I shouldn't miss it but I do. I indulge occasionally but nothing with caffeine or artificial sweeteners so sometimes I just really, really want an icy cold diet coke! Also, I saw a question posted on a pregnancy message board about the first thing(s) you want to eat after giving birth and it got me thinking about what I've been missing. Honestly, there wasn't anything (aside from soda or regular coffee maybe) that instantly came to mind. A lot of people said sushi and margaritas. While I do miss sushi, I've always enjoyed veggie rolls so I've been able to satisfy my cravings and aside from the occasional night when I would really love a glass of cider, I haven't missed alcohol. Sure it would be nice to indulge in a cocktail or glass of cider every now and again, but it hasn't really been on my mind much. I think I just look forward to not having to worry so much. Right now I feel paranoid about everything that I eat. I research anything new online before I eat it and I struggle with dining out because I never know how they are preparing things. A lot of people don't worry as much and eat what they want, but I just haven't been comfortable with the risk. It's a only a few months out of your whole life, I would rather do everything I can to make sure I don't put my baby at risk. So I would say post-pregnancy I just look forward to not having to quiz waiters at restaurants! Maybe a nice medium steak as well ;)
Next appt: November 19, 2013

No comments: