Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update
How far along: 25 weeks +1 day
How big is baby: The Bump says cauliflower, Babycenter says rutabaga and What to Expect doesn't list a size this week (about 13.5+ inches long and 1.5+ pounds)
Total weight gain: About 10 lbs
Maternity clothes: All maternity pants and mostly maternity tops, picked up a few new maternity sweaters last week to get me through the winter and hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll be able to get through the rest of my pregnancy without having to buy any more clothes!
Sleep: Still back and forth, better some nights and worse others. Overall still sleeping pretty well though and not too uncomfortable yet. The little girl likes to kick (only small kicks still) as I try to fall asleep.
Best moment of the week: Feeling Isla so much more. Her kicks still feel small and gentle, but I am noticing them much more frequently.
Food cravings: Still carbs, carbs, carbs. Trying to be good and eat a balanced diet but would love to just eat bread and fruit all day.
Food aversions: Jalapenos
Symptoms: Getting achy more easily, particularly my back. Also, I found this strange, but bleeding a lot when I get any little cut. I had a tiny, literally sesame seed sized scab that I absentmindedly scratched off and it started dripping blood! From a quick google search, it sounds like I'm not the only pregnant woman to experience this. A lot of people say it's because of the increased blood volume you have while pregnant. Freaked me out for a minute though!
Movement: Yes, seems like more and more each day and I love it!
Gender: Baby girl
What I’m looking forward to: Hearing Isla's heartbeat again next week at my appointment and getting my glucose test out of the way, hopefully no problems with it!!
What I miss: Not getting an achy back after a day of just normal activity, think my first professional massage might be in the near future!
Next appt: October 23, 2013


No comments: