Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update
How far along: 24 weeks
How big is baby: The Bump says cantaloupe, Babycenter says ear of corn and What to Expect doesn't list a size this week (about 12 inches long and 1.2-1.5 pounds)
Total weight gain: I think about 9-10 lbs
Maternity clothes: All maternity pants and mostly maternity tops
Sleep: Hit and miss. Some nights I sleep pretty well and others not so much. I've started waking up more in the middle of the night and struggling to get back to sleep. Crazy pregnancy dreams and having to pee all the time don't help much either.
Best moment of the week: Baby crosses the 50% survival rate if born during this week. There is nothing to indicate that I will go into labor ANYTIME soon, but it's amazing knowing just how big and strong she is getting. That said, she still has a long way to go so please keep cooking inside mama's belly little Isla.
Food cravings: Lots of carbs, cold fresh fruit (melon, pineapple, etc.)
Food aversions: Jalapenos :( I love them, but they seem to be the only thing still making me really queasy. Hubby brought home some delicious jalapeno cheese bread which I would normally love and I dug in to a piece only to throw up minutes later. Didn't know if it was just morning sickness so I had jalapenos on my veggie subway the other day and started feeling sick again. I picked all the rest of them off and think I will have to retire them for the next 4 months sadly. Hopefully Isla will like spicy food like her mommy and daddy!
Symptoms: Feeling big, the bump is certainly noticeable! Achy back, hungry all the time, etc. etc.
Movement: Yes! I'm enjoying every kick :)
Gender: Little lady
What I’m looking forward to: Continuing to feel more and more movement, finishing the nursery, getting to the third trimester, I could go on and on.
What I miss: Jalapenos (haha) and my normal range of movement. I feel like an upside down turtle when I try to get out of bed in the morning. It's also getting harder to bend over and pick things up.
Next appt: October 23, 2013

No comments: