Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update 

I have been really bad and neglected my updates for several weeks now which I regret. I can't wait to look back on these posts to remember everything I was experiencing. That said, it can be hard to keep up with things when pregnant and I have to learn to take it easy on myself when not everything gets done.

How far along: 21 weeks! Over halfway there!
How big is baby: The Bump says pomegranate, Babycenter says carrot and What to Expect says large banana (10.5 inches long and 12oz)
Total weight gain:  +9 lbs (official weight gain measured at the doctor on Monday)
Maternity clothes: All maternity bottoms, except one skirt and about 75% maternity tops, 25% regular
Sleep: Sleeping pretty well at the moment. Getting some cramps in calves at night though. I bought a maternity pillow (snoogle) a few weeks ago and it has been a wonderful investment! Makes it so much easier to sleep comfortably.
Best moment of the week: Heard the little one's heartbeat again on Monday and everything is looking good. Mom and baby are doing great so far :)
Food cravings: Carbs! Fresh fruit and pretzels
Food aversions: None at the moment really
Symptoms: Morning sickness is pretty much gone (hooray!), calf cramps, achy back and a little swelling in my feet. Overall though, feeling pretty good and thankful for that!
Movement: Yes!! Around 19 weeks I started to feel some sporadic movement, mostly when sitting down after eating, and it has continued to get more frequent and pronounced! I'm looking forward to bigger and more frequent kicks (probably won't say that forever haha) as its very reassuring. Also can't wait for daddy to be able to feel them.
Gender: It's a...GIRL!! We got to find out on September 3rd and it's been so fun and exciting planning and preparing for our little Isla Rose to arrive in approximately 132 short days!!
What I’m looking forward to: Feeling bigger kicks and being able to share her movement with Neil.
What I miss: Not too much at the moment, soda and coffee I guess.
Next appt: October 23, 2013


No comments: