Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update
How far along: 15 weeks
How big is baby: The Bump and What to Expect say navel orange and Baby Center says apple (4 inches and 2.5 ounces)
Total weight gain:  +2.5 lbs
Maternity clothes: A mix of maternity and regular, but leaning more heavily towards maternity clothes.
Sleep: Sleeping a lot, but pretty well. I just seem to be tired all the time. They say you get your energy back in the second trimester but I have yet to see mine return.
Best moment of the week: {mini-rant warning} Finding a dress to wear to a wedding that doesn't make me look huge and tent like. It might be a bit shallow but I think it's important for pregnant ladies to feel confident and good about what they are wearing. A lot of the maternity dresses are just large and muumuu like and I find the idea that you should just borrow clothes from your husband to accommodate your bump ridiculous. Just because we are pregnant doesn't mean we don't like to slip on a nice outfit and look/feel beautiful. I finally, after weeks of searching, found a dress that I feel fabulous in and can't wait to rock this week.
Food cravings: Lemonade, melon
Food aversions: Nothing I can think of
Symptoms: Pregnancy brain!! I am starting to get a bit forgetful...I forgot to put deodorant on this morning!! Don't worry, I'm going out at lunch to get some! I also forgot to put volumizer in my hair, which is no big deal but another thing I do every single day so to forget is pretty unusual. Still dealing with morning sickness and fatigue as well.
Movement: I tried to sit really still and quiet the other night to see if I could notice anything (it's still REALLY early) and I couldn't...oh well, in a few more weeks I'm sure I will start feeling her/him plenty!
Gender: 28 days until we find out!! For whatever reason, I'm starting to feel more and more like it's a little girl. I say that though and it's probably a boy :) I just always seem to picture a little girl when I think of the baby, but we'll find out soon enough. Yay!
What I’m looking forward to: Attending the wedding of two dear friends this week. There will be lots of friends from college to catch up with and I look forward to sharing the news of our pregnancy with those who don't already know.
What I miss: Not too much this week, I guess not having a foggy brain and not having to get up so many times a night for the bathroom!
Next appt:  August 19, 2013


No comments: