Thursday, 25 July 2013

Wow. It's been a LONG time

Life kind of got in the way and I have taken a very long hiatus from blogging.
The past 2-3 years have seen a lot of changes.Lots of good, a few not so good, but I'd rather not dwell on that past. Let's jump forward to today:

I have a wonderful job in higher education which I love. The people and community are amazing. We own a home back in my hometown in Oregon. We have a very sweet, although at times temperamental cat that we adopted. Two weeks ago we celebrated four amazing years of marriage. Perhaps the biggest thing going on in our lives at the moment though...WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!

As of this posting, I will be 13 weeks pregnant and officially entering my second trimester! We are overjoyed :)

That said, this blog will likely be making a significant shift and if you were a reader who enjoyed my tales of newlywed expat life, you may or may not enjoy the direction the blog moves in. I currently love reading pregnancy/family blogs and hope to chronicle a bit of my family's journey. I'm no perfect housewife or model worthy pregnant lady. I just hope to just give a glimpse into our lives, flawed and (to me) fabulous. Whether this interests you or not, this blog is as much a diary and scrapbook for me as it is hopefully a help and reassurance to others out there that might be experiencing the same things. Hope you enjoy!


No comments: