Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update
How far along: 14 weeks
How big is baby: All sources agree this week! Baby is the size of a lemon :) Roughly 3.5 inches and weighing 1.5 ounces
Total weight gain:  +1 lb (as of last week, forgot to weigh this week)
Maternity clothes: Mix of maternity and regular. I don't need everything to be maternity yet, but certain things like pants are just more comfortable with the extra room. Why suffer if I don't have to, right? I can still wear my normal pants with a belly band but the belly band doesn't always stay up well and at work it's embarrassing to have to adjust it all the time.
Sleep: Really tired this week but I've heard your energy comes back a bit in the second tri so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Best moment of the week: Touring the hospital where I'll deliver. It's a brand new hospital and it doesn't open until next week but they had an open house on Saturday so we went to check it out. It was beautiful and very high tech. Fingers crossed that we'll have a great experience there!
Food cravings: Subway meatball subs, fruit snacks, pretzels
Food aversions: Some of the things I was eating a lot of during the worst of my morning sickness. They sounded great at the time but I have a difficult time stomaching them now: bagels, sourdough bread and baked potatoes
Symptoms: Morning sickness, fatigue, post nasal drip and sinus congestion
Movement: Hopefully only about one more month until I start to feel the little one
Gender: We get to find out on September 3rd!!
What I’m looking forward to: Feeling the first movements and finding out the gender!
What I miss: Steak - I have been craving it and while I could have a well done steak, I would really love a medium steak with butter and herbs...yum yum
Next appt:  August 19, 2013

No comments: