Friday, 1 January 2010

Farewell 2009...Hello 2010!

This past year has been quite the adventure if I do say so myself! My (now) husband and I were engaged in the summer of 2008 and spent half of 2009 planning for our wedding on 12 July.


Just before that, in May 2009, I left my life of four years in Vancouver, BC behind and packed everything I could into a suitcase to start married life in England. We moved into this cute little flat in May.


Since then we have celebrated our first married Christmas, as well as my first snow in England!


{The day we set up our tree}


In the last of the big 2009 changes, both Neil and I started new jobs! I'd say we had a wonderful 2009 and we can't wait to see how 2010 turns out for us!
So far we have a two-week holiday booked to visit my family in February, both of our birthdays in March, possibly attending my cousin's wedding in California in August and whatever else comes along.

Some of my goals for 2010 (for me)...
- Lose a little weight and more than anything just start looking after myself a bit better
- Keep on top of my household chores and try not procrastinate as much
- Create and stick to a budget
- Write and phone my family/friends more

Some of my goals for 2010 (for both of us)...
- Start exercising (again)
- Walk more of the lakeland fells
- Save for a down-payment on a house (and a holiday to the Maldives!)
- Celebrate our anniversary at the hotel we were married (which was flood damaged a few months ago so fingers crossed!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

It sounds like you had a very exciting year. Congratulations on the wedding and new job. Hope you have a great 2010.

lorenabr said...

Wish you both a happy life :) 2geder.