Monday, 23 November 2009

Winter Weather

Kendal has been swimming this past week. Heavy rain has caused some of the worst flooding in decades up here in the Lake District. Luckily it seems to be letting up! Still as I write this, it is as dark as night, cold and alternating between misty and showery. All in all, it just makes you want to curl up at home with a blanket and a warm, hearty meal.
I had the day off alone today because it was a special event at work for Neil. I took advantage of this time to do a spot of Christmas shopping but came out largely empty handed. I think online shopping is the way to go this year for price and selection since unfortunately there aren't too many shopping options here in little Kendal.
While I can't discuss my gift ideas for family and friends (I want them to be surprised!) during my virtual shopping trip today I couldn't help but notice a few things I'd like for this stormy winter! These gorgeous military style womens jackets are definitely on my list. I just can't decide if prefer the navy or the red!
Also on my list are comfy tall boots that I can wear in the rain. Pretty etched glass candle holders - filled with beautifully scented candles, natch. Vibrant, rich coloured eyeshadows and lipglosses. Comfy slippers and soft pajamas to cuddle up in, as well as cashmere lined gloves and warm scarves to wrap around me whenever I do decide to bundle up and venture out into the chilly winter air.
Have you started your xmas shopping? What's on your wishlist this year? 

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hmmm.... I don't really wish for anything except, maybe a gift Certificate to La Vie en Rose (like a canadian victorias secret)
Oh how I adore the holidays~

Mrs Barker said...

Ooh yes! Some gorgeous lingerie and silky lounge wear would be lovely! Hope you've been good this year ;)