Saturday, 28 November 2009

New Moon


{Image found here}
Even though it's not celebrated here in the UK, since Thursday was Thanksgiving the hubby and I took the day off work to spend together. I had initially intended to make a full dinner, but changed my mind. Instead we just spent the day relaxing a bit and went to the cinema and out for a meal. I missed seeing New Moon with the girls because of the flooding last week so I was quite anxious to see it. I'll be honest, I was a little let down. I suppose because I had read the books my expectations were too high. It wasn't that I didn't like it, because I did, I think I just hoped it would be different. I won't get into any more details at this time since I know a lot of people still haven't seen it.
To continue on the theme, in the evening we went to the New Moon restaurant in town and had a delicious dinner of carrot and coriander soup (sauteed mushroom and smoked cheddar crostini to start for hubby) and Moroccan spiced chicken breast. The highlight was probably the desert we shared though - dark chocolate and orange tart with orange sorbet and raspberry coulis, absolutely delish!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

YES I totally agree about the New Moon let downment.... It was a little melpdramatic... and I read the books too :)