Friday, 2 October 2009

I'm Employed!

As of yesterday afternoon, I am employed! Cue cheering and applause, teehee
I have taken a sales position with a small local jewellery company. There are five branches across the country and I'll be working at the head branch which is here in my town. Although it is quite different to what I thought I would be doing, I am just very happy and relieved to have found employment this quickly! It'll be nice to get out of the house everyday, use my brain a bit more and I'm not going to lie - the extra income and jewellery discount will be lovely.

{A gorgeous 18kt yellow gold and citrine ring from our collection that I've got my eye on}
My degree is in history and African studies and the majority of my work experience is in education, so I didn't expect to go into a sales position, but I'm really looking forward to the new challenges and learning experiences. I start on Tuesday so I'm really going to enjoy my last full weekend of complete freedom, bring on the good times!

8 comments:

AngeliStarr said...

congrats!

UK Christine =^..^= said...

Congrats!!!! xx

Escapist said...

oh grt !!!!!
Congratualtionz and celebrations....




Jolliieeess:-)

newlyweds said...

Congrats on the new job, and good luck!

Yet said...

Congrats to you! hopefully you'll sell a lot and be well benefited! Now, it's my turn to find a job...

Somewhere In Between said...

Congratulations!! Sometimes the best opportunities in life come from the most unexpected places. What a gorgeous ring, too!

Mrs Barker said...

Thank you so much everyone!

BakerGirl said...

Congrats on the position! I have a degree in Psychology and Business but never though I'd work retail but that was what I did for 10 months last year. It can be very rewarding as long as you are surrounded by a great team.

Good luck!