Thursday, 8 October 2009

First Week

and I've already gone home sick :/
I woke up this morning feeling okay but by about noon I had an absolutely splitting headache and felt like I was going to throw up so after I sat down for a while and still didn't feel better, they sent me home. I took some medicine and rested in bed so I'm feeling better than before, but still not one-hundred-percent. I am going in to work tomorrow no matter what though, so hopefully after a good night's sleep I'll be feeling a bit more healthy.
As for work itself, I'd say it's going pretty well! While it's taking some getting used to as it's not the kind of work I'd been intending to do and because I'm not used to such long hours and standing all day. Although I'm sure I have better hours than a lot of people, 8.45-6ish is a long day to do on your feet in heels! I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't rather still be a housewife making dinner and taking care of chores, but it is nice getting out of the house and meeting some people.
Unfortunately a really nice girl called Sara who I've been working with this week is leaving on Saturday, but all the other girls are very nice as well and I'll get to meet anybody I haven't and see everyone let their hair down this weekend when we go out for dinner and drinks for Sara's leaving do. Should be interesting!

2 comments:

Pattie said...

Sounds like you are under a lot of stress :(
But at least you are taking things with a dose of optimism :)\

Hope you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Ashley I saw you updated your website on fb and had a little nosey! And came across my name, made me smile :) Wish I could of worked with you longer! Hope you are doing well? Sara xx