Thursday, 15 October 2009

Cocktail Thursday

I'm sorry I have been seriously slacking with my blogging lately, I'm still adjusting to my new routine and schedule. I wake up and get ready for work, rush out the door and don't get back to my computer until after dinner and tidying up around 8ish. To top it off by then I'm usually pretty worn out and ready to just crawl into bed. That said, I'm getting better about managing my time and getting things accomplished quickly so hopefully not too much longer until I'm back in the swing of things!

I realized I forgot all about doing a Cocktail Thursday post last week so I made sure to find some that I hope you'll enjoy for this week! This week's theme is Cosmopolitans with a twist! Let me know if you give any a try and if you do, what you think of them...
Rasmopolitan
This fruity cocktail combines raspberry with the traditional flavors of a cosmopolitan.


Ingredients:
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) citrus-flavored vodka
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) raspberry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Chambord
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Simple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- Raspberries, for garnish
Directions:
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add vodkas, Chambord, lime juice, simple syrup, and cranberry juice. Shake or stir until well chilled. Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with raspberries; serve.
Makes one cocktail. 
Cranberry Cosmopolitan

Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 ounces Cranberry-and-Orange Vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau
- Ice cubes
- Orange peel, for garnish
- Cranberries, for garnish
Directions:
In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice, orange liqueur, and ice; shake until well combined. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Twist orange peel over cocktail and add to glass. Garnish with skewered cranberries; serve immediately.
Makes one cocktail.  
White Cosmopolitan (a personal fave) 

Ingredients:
- 1 cup white cranberry juice
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces Cointreau
Directions:
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add cranberry juice, vodka, and Cointreau. Shake to combine well. Strain into two large martini glasses. Serve immediately.
Makes two cocktails.

{All photos and recipes from Martha Stewart}

3 comments:

Escapist said...

Thats healthy to be back with such a gud writing...and note.....


Jolieess:-)

Yet said...

Yummy yummy yummy

Must try!!!

mădălina said...

When I was in my third year at university, we used to use a recipe similar to your razmapolitain.. except we added an entire bottle of cheap red wine and called it sangria. we were silly