Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Christmas Party Outfit

My company Christmas party is coming up very soon and I have no idea what to wear! All the girls will be wearing fashionable frocks as we are going out for a meal and then to a club in Manchester and I want to fit in without spending a lot of money. Looking fashionable and trendy while staying on a budget isn't exactly easy though and I'd love it if I could also get a black, work appropriate dress that I could wear again (and again) so I could justify it a bit more. I found some really gorgeous dresses but none that meet all the criteria so I'm at a bit of a loss. Hubby has offered to take me shopping at the Trafford Centre and I'd love to take him up on it, but I feel a bit guilty especially since we are thinking about a holiday to Paris next month that I'd much rather spend the money on.
All that said, I found this lovely Peter O'Brien dress that could definitely do double duty as a party and work dress but it's still a bit out of budget at £80/$132. It's not that expensive and I don't mind spending a bit for a nice quality item that I will be able to get a lot of wear out of, but given the prospect of a Paris trip I would like to stay under about £45/$75. This is still a decent amount so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll stumble across something perfect over the next two weeks...

No comments: