Monday, 31 August 2009

Rain, rain, go away...

please DON'T COME ANOTHER DAY!!
You may not be able to tell from this photo, but the rain is coming down in buckets and is being accompanied by thunder and lightning (and not of the ice-cream variety)

Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of rain. It has soothed me to sleep by falling softly on my roof, made me feel cozy when I was tucked up warm with a blanket and a cup of tea and even cooled me down on hot day. However I grew up in place where it rained all the time, I went to university in a place where it rained all the time and now I live in a place where it feels like it rains even more than the last two combined. At least I got nice summers in Portland and Vancouver. In Kendal you can count the sunny summer days we've had on one hand! I can quickly feel what little summer we have had coming to a close as there is a definite chill in the air. So while I have ranted about the rubbish summer, I am also looking forward to the fall and what it brings with it including the leaves changing colour, Halloween, sweaters, hearty stews and Thanksgiving, which I will most definitely be celebrating!

We spent this last bank holiday of the summer with a nice drive to Hawes and a visit to the Wensleydale Creamery, home of Wallace and Gromit's favorite cheese :)
Image borrowed from Wensleydale Dairy.
We picked up some smoked blue wensleydale for Neil and some cheddar and caramelised onion for me! I would have taken some pictures myself, but stupidly forgot to bring the camera, doh!

2 comments:

Michelle (Lipstick Rules) said...

Hi! I just stumbled onto your blog and love it. It is a great read.


I'm from Canada and saw that you lived here for a few years.

Michelle
lipstickrules.com

Mrs Barker said...

Thanks Michelle!

I did live in Canada for a while, Vancouver to be exact and I miss it! It's where my husband and I met and we often find ourselves daydreaming about going back. I had a snoop around your blog and saw that you live in Toronto. Unfortunately I never made it out there during my four year stint in Canada, but it's someplace I'd love to visit one day.

Thanks again for the comment :)