Monday, 13 April 2009

Movie Review: The Happening

Maybe because of their release dates or their titles or for whatever reason many people compare "The Mist" and "The Happening". After just finishing the "The Happening" I don't really understand why. "The Mist" was entertaining, but more importantly it made me think. It made me really consider what I would be capable of in a time of crisis. Beneath the monster metaphor, this was it's main goal and with me it succeeded. "The Happening" on the other hand was a load of nothingness. Nothing happened. A bunch of people became affected by something and killed themselves. Bigger message = we're killing the planet so it's going to start killing us? WTF? Good actors wasted on a pointless film. I can give it some points for good cinematography but that's about it. Don't waste your time on this film because you will spend ninety minutes waiting for something to happen and it never will = 1.5=10

No comments: