Friday, 24 April 2009

The dreaded wedding diet

I set a goal that once I hit the 90-day/3-month mark, I would "officially" begin my wedding diet. We're now at 80 days and I'm feeling the pressure a bit because I'm finding it very hard to stick to my healthy eating with work lunches, end of term celebrations and trying to eat what's left in my cupboards before I move out. My goal is to lose approximately 7(-10)lbs so I'm not striving for anything impossible, I just need to stick to it. I need to stick to healthy eating, incorporate more exercise (especially light weight training for my arms and back) and just work on taking better care of myself, not that I don't do a decent job already. I try to maintain a healthy, nearly vegetarian diet, high in fiber, healthy fats and protein with loads of fresh veggies and fruit. I avoid trans fats, white flour, high sodium and I don't drink caffeine, but I do drink lots of water. So while I don't really need to lose weight, I know I'd look better in the dress and feel a lot more fit if I took off just a few excess pounds and toned up. Anyone have willpower tips? Fitting into a wedding dress should be the best willpower maintainer known to man, but I'm still struggling! Pizza, chocolate and yam fries are calling to me!

Also, Neil and I are now in the process of signing the lease for a different flat right below the one we were this close to signing the contracts for. It's a two bedroom and soooo cute :) It's not any bigger (despite being two bedrooms :/) but the interior is much nicer and it gives us a guestroom/study.

No comments: