Friday, 20 February 2009

Redesign, Revamp, Relaunch

Hello! Bonjour! こんにちは! Hola! Hallo! Hej! Shalom! 你好! Ciao! Jambo!

Welcome back to my blog! I have recreated it and now, officially relaunched it. I apologize if you are looking for old blog posts, but we're starting fresh as I prepare to make some major life changes in the next few months!

If you don't already know, I will be getting married this summer - July 12 - only 143 days to go!

I will be receiving my BA in History and African Studies from UBC, leaving my job and my life as I know it here in Vancouver for a new life in England. After we're married, Neil and I will be living in England for at least a year while we work on the immigration process to move back to the US as a married couple :)

We've got a lot of planning and decision making to do as a couple, but I also have a lot to think about as I plan my professional future. I've spent the last few years unsure of where to go and what I wanted to do and frankly, I'm still not sure. While we live in England I intend to pursue another job in childcare/education or the heritage sector (museum/curatorial/etc) but long term - who knows? I've recently started to look into in the FBI again, a career I thought I was destined for a few years ago but pushed aside in favor of something more family friendly.

I've been suffering from a bit of internal turmoil lately as I see many of my peers applying for/being accepted to grad schools, finding fantastic internships and jobs while I feel completely confused and unsure of what I want to do.

So that's where I'm at. That's what's new and that's what this blog will hope to explore in the future. Feel free to come along for the ride!

No comments: