Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Case of the Gimmes

I'm suffering from a bout of the gimmes. Just put up with me today, I'll get over it soon. I already posted once tonight about wanting to go shopping and now I'm posting about wanting a place to call our own. Sorry.

I so badly want a place for Neil and I to call home. A flat, a house, anywhere it doesn't matter as long as it is ours. I want to buy furniture and make a home. For the past four years I've made do with cheap, temporary or hand-me-down housewares. I've lived in six different places (not including an extended visit to San Diego or my trips to England) with no stay lasting more than eight months. I'm tired of the shuffle and sometimes, like tonight, it just gets to me. I don't want to serve wine out of paper cups anymore.

I know I'm young and I've got plenty of time but I just really want to settle and make a home with my fiance. I daydream about it constantly. I've browse listings all the time and I've already picked out all my favorite furniture at IKEA and Pottery Barn. Sad but true. haha

Alright. I think it's out of my system now. Thank you for being patient with me.

1 comment:

Alison Brown said...

I feel you I haven't moved that much, but totally was just dyyyying for my own place. and it really is wonderful to have an apartment now. and then also I always want to buy loads for it to make it pretty and cool and even more tremendous ;) but yeah I'm telling myself that I'm poor haha. and need to stop.

you on the other hand, being GRADUATED and MARRIED soon DEFINITELY need a pretty place with pretty things and then I can look and pictures and be jealous! haha